- The Beaner sleeps with me (with "us" when the Sergeant is home), and every morning when he wakes up, the first thing he says to me is "Good morning my sweet little sweetie Mommy". And then he sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to wake me up. I love that he always wakes with a smile on his face, ready for whatever the day holds for him.
- Whenever he sees a baby, he says to the parent "Your baby is beautiful". He says this with no prompting from me. I don't know where it comes from, except that it must come right from his heart, because he really admires each baby he sees before he pays this compliment.
- A couple weeks ago, we were driving in the car one morning as the sun came up. He was looking at the lovely sunrise and he said to me, "Mommy! I see your smile in the clouds!".
- When he is falling asleep, he must, must, must have a finger in each of my ears. It's the only way he can fall asleep. When the Sergeant used to give him a bottle before bed, the Bean had to play with one of his dad's ears while he drank.
- He tells me I'm beautiful for no reason. He'll say "I love your shoes" even though I've worn those particular sneakers for the last year. He just genuinely wants to make someone else happy.
- When a classmate is sad, or crying, the Bean is the first one to rush over and give them a hug. He usually will tell them "Your mommy will be here soon. It's OK.". I love that he empathizes already.
- When we are out together, he says "Hold me mine hand, Mommy". Love that.
- He says "smushsmellows" instead of "marshmallows". He says "liftadeftadilia" instead of "Philadelphia". He quotes Harry Potter movies, as well as Ricky Bobby and Carl Naughton, Jr. Shake 'n Bake!!
January 3, 2010
8 years ago